Charles W. Snyder
Mr. Snyder is a native of Lykens, a descendant of early settlers and a very highly respected citizen of the borough. He has been an employee at the mines for 57 years as a safety inspector. Mr. Snyder has formed a habit of keeping a record of important dates at the colliery as well as keeping a list of all the men killed. The results of this habit is distributed in this volume. He also installed the first telephone and the first electric door bell in Lykens.
From: “Who’s Who in Lykens, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania,” Lykens-Williams Valley History-Directory and Pictorial Review, by J. Allen Barrett, published in 1922.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.