The railroad station in Elizabethville, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, as it appeared in 1900, was located on South Market Street. This station, the third to serve the town, was built in 1872.
Note the two tracks serving the station and a freight car alongside the platform.
To the left and the rear of the station is the Buffington Planing Mill. The caption indicates that the noon whistle was blown at 11:30 a.m.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.
The photo was originally published in a History of Elizabethville, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1817-1967. To obtain a copy of an exact reproduction of that book, visit the web site of the Elizabethville Area Bicentennial.