This photograph of the Elizabethville Water Tank was taken about 1918 in Elizabethville, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The tank served the steam locomotives that operated on the Summit Branch Railroad between Millersburg and Williamstown.
The photo caption indicates that the tank was located east of the campgrounds and south of Bender Street in the borough. The white tool shed, which can be seen at left center alongside the bend in the tracks, is probably the same shed pictured in the Interstate Commerce Commission photographs of 1917.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.
This photo was originally published in a History of Elizabethville, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1817-1967. To obtain a copy of an exact reproduction of that book, visit the web site of the Elizabethville Area Bicentennial.