The land on which the George Williard farm was located in Lykens Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, was part of the original patent given to John Hoffman in 1801. By 1875, George Williard‘s farm consisted of 115 acres and was located on the Crossroads at the junction of Dairy Road, just south of St. Peter (Hoffman) Church, in the southwest corner of the township (see 1875 map below).
The aerial photograph at the top of this post is as the farm appeared in the 1960s when it was part of the Troutman Trust established by James M. Troutman and his wife Katie [Beisel] Troutman. The large barn shown in the picture was rebuilt in 1948 after the original was damaged by a 1947 fire. Current aerial photos indicate that the barn no longer exists.