In the years when Simeon Church in Gratz, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, was a “Union” church – meaning the facilities were shared by both Lutheran and Reformed congregations which alternated weekly services – the Sunday Schools were combined and were offered every week as a joint endeavor. The earliest Sunday School photo found thus far is from around 1908 and is shown above.
The teacher, seated in the center, has been identified as Mrs. Lizzie [Bowman] Hoffman.
The 12 pupils, left to right, are identifie3d as: Marie Dechert; Florence Reed; Myrtle [Kissinger] Koppenhaver, Mattie [Klinger] Daniel, Verna Kratzer; Irma [Umholtz] Witmer, Pauline Schoffstall; Wealtha Buffington; Elsie Lebo; Mary Schaffer; Blanche Matter; and Emma Willier.
Corrections and additions may be added as comments to this posting.