Harry W. Spracht, blacksmith, Elizabethville, was born near Berrysburg, Mifflin Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 24 May 1867, a son of Jeremiah Spracht and Mary [Koppenhaver] Spracht.
The father, Jeremiah Spracht, was born at Mahanoy Station, Pennsylvania, and was a shoemaker by trade. He died young and the mother subsequently married Isaac Shetz and resides near Johnstown, Pennsylvania. They had two children:
Harry W. Spracht;
Edward W. Spracht, farmer, Lykens Valley.
Harry W. Spracht was a young boy when his father died, and was reared by his grandfather in Washington Township, where he attended school until he was ten years old, when he left his grandfather and lived out, getting what schooling he could in the winter time. At eighteen years of age he went to learn the trade of blacksmith with Daniel E. Snyder, with whom he served an apprenticeship of two years and afterwards worked a year and a half longer as a journeyman. He came to Elizabethvile and opened a shop, where he worked five years and then built the shop which he now occupies.
He was married at Camden, New Jersey, in October 1882 to Miss Fanny Koppenheffer. They have two children:
Mark C. Spracht; and
Ralph Monroe Spracht.
Mr. Harry W. Spracht is a Democrat in politics and served as school director one year. In February 1896 he was elected to the council. He is a member of the Lutheran church.
The above information was modified/edited from Commemorative Biographical Encyclopedia of Dauphin County, published in 1896 by J. M. Runk and Company of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. A free download is available from the Internet Archive..
At the time of this writing, a death date and place for Harry W. Spracht has not been located, nor has a place of burial.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post