An interior view of the Harvey H. Snyder General Store, Loyalton, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, taken some time in the late1940s. The store was located on the southeast corner of Main Street (Route 209) and the Crossroads (Oakdale Station Road).
Left to Right (standing): Melva N. Sitlinger, postmaster; Jennie D. [Miller] Snyder; and Harvey Hiram Snyder.
Note some of the products and packaging: Crystal Wedding Oats, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes, etc.
This is also one of the only known photographs of the Loyalton Post Office, which can be seen at right in the photo (behind Harvey H. Snyder). Melva Sitlinger was postmaster from 26 February 1940 through her retirement on 30 December 1963. She eventually moved the post office to her home, which was just a few doors east of the general store.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.