This photograph was taken in 1938 of the pupils of the Hoffman School in Lykens Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The teacher, standing rear left, is Winnifred Koppenhaver, who, according to school records, served from 1938-1940, and again from 1944-1946, and was the last teacher at this school before is closed.
This school was in existence for 140 years from about 1805, and when it closed in 1946, students from this part of the township began attending the Shepley School.
First Row (seated on ground): Eugene Howard; Herbert Hoover; Russell Henninger; William Steely; Ellard Reigle; Harold Howard; Don Howard; George Dockey; William Rank; Junior Witmer.
Second Row (all girls, standing): Renee Witmer; Barbara Reed; Phyllis Henninger; Lucille Reed; Betty Hoover; Betty Reed; Pearl Howard; Betty Lebo; Arlayne Welker.
Third Row (teacher and 7 pupils standing behind second row): Winnifred Koppenhaver, teacher; Hannah Dockey; Grace Shade; Gladys Riegle; Clarence Welker; Albert Lebo; Albert Billow; Robert Howard.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.