This building served as a school for children of Millersburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, from 1825 to 1860. It was located on a hill above the Wiconisco Creek. As the school population grew, the town was divided into two districts with the dividing line being Middle Street (now Center Street) and children south of the line continued to attend the 1825 structure and a small brick structure was built on Center Street for children north of the line. But, by 1860, it was necessary to construct a larger, two-story brick school building on Center Street to house all the town’s children.
The 1860 brick school was previously pictured. See: Millersburg Common School 1862
A photo from the Lykens-Williams Valley History-Directory and Pictorial Review, by J. Allen Barrett, published in 1922. Also appeared in Millersburg Sesquicentennial Souvenir Book, 1957, by Sesquicentennial Executive Committee.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.