A picture of the first school house in Wiconisco was found on page 49 of Lykens and Wiconisco Homecoming Celebration, August 31 to September 1 and 2, 1946, a commemorative program to recognize the local veterans who served in World War II.
“The first school in Wiconisco was built of logs. It was located near the present rock bank, back of where the coal company stables stood. The above picture was taken from a picture and description made up by John Driscoll in 1845.”
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.