A late 20th or early 21st century view of the 60-acre farm owned by the Widow Mary Shepley in 1875. The date of construction of the building in this photograph is not known.
The location of this farm is in the northwest corner of Lykens Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, as shown on the map cut below. Note that on the map the parcel is referred to as “Wid. P. Shepley,” but her name was Mary and she was married to George R. Shepley who died in 1871.
George R. Shepley (1814-1871) and his wife Mary [Willier] Shepley (1818-1899) purchased most of this farm around 1849 and added additional acreage in 1867 and raised their children there. After George died, Mary sold sold a parcel of this land to the Lykens Township Schools, where the Shepley School was constructed.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.
The map cut is from the Atlas of Dauphin County, Pennsyvlania, 1875, compiled, drawn and published from personal examinations and Surveys, by Everts and Stewart, Philadelphia, available on-line from the Pennsylvania Archives.