An October 1913, colorized photograph of the bar in the Fairview House, Center Street, Millersburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. This commercial establishment had rooms for rent, a restaurant with dining room, bar, and pool hall. It also sold cigars, and as the outside sign stated, “Our Oysters Fine.”
Some of those pictured are identified (left to right): John F. Barnhart; Agnes Barnhart; Kate Barnhart; Homer Barnhart; –?–; Albert Barnhart; –?–; –?–; –?–.
In addition to the Campbell’s soup, the bar appears to be well-stocked with tobacco products with no bottles of liquor in sight.
The Fairview House was located just opposite the railroad station. The building is still standing today and is currently a restaurant.
___________________________________________
For regular postings of Millersburg area historical photographs, see The Historical Society of Millersburg and Upper Paxton Township.
Corrections and additional information should be added as comments to this post.
